A panel of 10 prototypical infectious multidrug resistant HIV-1 reverse transcriptase (RT) clones. The panel includes clones with each of the published non nucleoside analog RT inhibitor (NNRTI) mutations in the combinations that occur most frequently in HIV-infected individuals.
The related study is
Balamane M, Varghese V, Melikian GL, Fessel WJ, Katzenstein DA, Shafer RW (2012), Panel of prototypical recombinant infectious molecular clones resistant to nevirapine, efavirenz, etravirine, and rilpivirine., Antimicrobial Agents and Chemother. 2012 Aug;56(8):4522-4.
The panel was donated to the AIDS Reference Reagent Program (http://www.aidsreagent.org) in 2012.
To download nucleic acid sequence, click here.
- Abbreviations: NVP - nevirapine; EFV - efavirenz; ETR - etravirine; RPV - rilpivirine
- Fold resistance (reduction in drug susceptibility) as determined by the Monogram PhenoSenseTM assay.
- ">" indicates that the fold resistance was above the upper limit of assay detection.
- RC: RCTM - Virus replication capacity (%).
- MT2: logarithm of the 50% tissue culture infective dose (IU/ml) in MT2 cells.