|Enter number and name of antiretroviral drugs to retrieve a summary of mutation frequencies in treated viruses. Comparing the frequency of mutation at a specific position between the designated isolates and a user-selected reference profile of treated or untreated virus allows the user to assess whether a mutation is truly correlated with treatment or if it can be accounted for by natural sequence variation.
Selecting only one drug will allow the user to assess the effect of that drug alone; selecting no drugs will show the natural variation found in the user-specified subtype. 1-7(or 1-3) will return mutation frequencies for isolates exposed to any drug or drug combination, and 0-7(or 0-3) will calculate mutation frequencies using both treated and untreated isolates.
Mutation frequencies greater than the reference sequence at any position may correlate with particular treatments. User may specify viral subtype and exclude infrequent or single mutations.
To retrieve summary RT mutation data according to treatment and subtype
- Enter the treatment requirements:
- # of NRTIs
- specific NRTIs received
- # of NNRTIs
- specific NNRTIs received
- Enter the subtype: All subtypes, B, non-B, or a specific non-B subtype
- Enter an optional reference profile. This will be a profile that will be presented
for comparison. The data from this profile will appear above the selected profile.
- Choose whether or not to exclude variants that occur at a frequency lower than 1.0%.
- Choose whether or not to exclude variants that occur as part of an amino acid mixture.
- Choose whether or not to include multiple isolates from the same person. The default option ("One mutation per person") allows different mutations at a position from the same person to count toward the mutation total. However, persons having more than one isolates with the same mutation are counted once. An even stricter option ("One isolate per person") counts only the last 'on-therapy' isolate.
- 3TC = lamivudine, ABC = abacavir, FTC = emtricitabine, AZT = zidovudine, D4T = stavudine,
DDC = zalcitabine, DDI = didanosine, DLV = delavirdine, EFV = efavirenz, NVP = nevirapine, ETR = etravirine;
TDF = tenofovir